Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Short term rental ventures

What a year what a year. Ups, downs, across. My body has been showing signs that it is not impressed by what I have been doing.

I have been working on a little side thing though. We have a family friend who has an apartment complex on All Saints Road called Eden Place. My mom and sister had spoken to her and she mentioned that she was renting some of them short term. She however wasn't sure that she was out there enough. So when Kim and mom told me I was thinking I could put them on the different platforms for her.

Upon checking out one of the units I started to place them on the different Platforms. Airbnb, booking and Expedia. Airbnb was the first to get a few enquiries and a couple of booking. However due to an hnforunfort event I had to cancel one of them. Kim mentioned that what I can suggest is renting the apartment and sublet it short term. I brought it up to the Landlady and she agreed.

The first month, February was pretty good. Got a few bookings and I was able to cover the rent. I continued to promote on all my social medias. Facebook the most. Then adding on extra platforms such as HomeAway and FlipKey just to name a few.

However, for this month it has just been a few bookings and I am hoping that I get someone in for a few weeks before the rent is due.

My mom has also been working on fixing up her apartment complex, which has gotten very run down. One lady evacuated after being behind in rent for almost a year.

When we went in the apartment, it was Filthy!!!

Living Room Area as soon as you walk through the front door. 


Bedroom looking out towards kitchen. Closet on the left door for the bathroom on the right.







Inside the bedroom next to the bathroom. The Outside wall of the bathroom is damaged


Looking at the bathroom wall and door from the kitchen area.


The bedroom wall and windows. Dirty and there is some markings on the wall where kids write up on the walls.


Entrance into the bedroom and the sheetrock for the opposite side of the bathroom. 


A bit blurry but the other wall for the bathroom.


Kitchen area, it is not visible right now but the kitchen sink is able to rise up and down.



The wall next to the kitchen counter. 


There were pictures of the bathroom but that was soo bad that I can not share those. Just think of it as the bathroom is the worst part and we will have to spend some serious money to fix it up.

So my next task is to get this organized and up on the platforms. 

May give updates on the fixer upper. 

OXXO

Mayeshah !!!

No comments: