Wednesday, July 21, 2021

I'm a Driver

What are you doing now?

The question that I have asked and many have asked me in 2021.

When I was working in the hotels, I felt so much pride. Not just because of the position I held, whether it was HR Assistant/Administrator, Executive Assistant, Guest Services, Hostess in the restaurant, Housekeeping Supervisor, or anything I have done. I was proud because I was doing something I was passionate about, working in hospitality.

Yes. I know hospitality isn't solely hotels. But to me working in the hotels to me had prestige. Kinda like people working in Banks, or Doctors offices, or even Lawyers offices. From the minute I stepped into it fully in 2011, I was in love.

Then came .... Dun dun dun....COVID. Threw me out on my backside and had me second guessing if I really wanted to get back in.  

So the answer to the question is:

I am a delivery driver (for Allmart and Quikserve). 
I have been doing this since August 2020 and have enjoyed it. There is the ups and downs. There are the difficulties and so on but what work place doesn't. 

I have met some great people doing this, both local and international. 

I have been able to pay off a bunch of debt while doing it and even got a new car out of it. Well a new used car, don't think that we making that much money but I wouldn't have considered it until this job.  

I have been to places that I never been to until doing this jobs. Oh yeah. ANTIGUA IS FREAKING GORGEOUS.

Also made some great contacts with different vendors and customers, which would never would have happened if I was working in the hotels.

People's fears of what can happen do make me a bit more cautious. So not carrying too much money on me at one time, all in one place. Cautious driving practices and just being aware of my surroundings 

We will see how things work out in the future and enjoy the ride until then. 

OXXO

Mayeshah!!!

No comments: