Friday, September 10, 2021

It's not about you

Facebook be asking me what is on my mind. Now I gonna be asking you for your perspective.

I been on this blue marble (or disk if you are a flat earther) called Earth. I am looking at the word now and thinking ... Goddamn that is a weird word. EARTH.

Sorry I got a lil distracted😅. But yea I been here observing, learning, comprehending. I am seeing history repeating itself with different factors added in. I am seeing the understanding of mental health on the rise. I am also seeing the ability of the ... Masses to share their opinions over facts.

So I gonna share an observation and I would like YOUR PERSPECTIVE/OPINION/THOUGHTS. If you have kids great. If you passed the age of 30 fab. If you have dependants  lovely. If not I still wanna hear from you.

As a parent and an adult child (between the age of 20-50), you should understand that your kids/parents don't care about you and you are officially just there for them. Not the other way around.

From a psychological perspective a person becomes self aware with these different egos.  In Psychology class I was taught:
ID - Unconscious level of operations (I want to do this now)
EGO - Conscious & Preconscious level of operations (let's compromise)
SUPER EGO - Preconscious level of operations (This is not right to do).

Understand this as, while you are a baby and child you are all about your Id, it is all about how you feel at this moment and it needs to be dealt with NOW.

Then when you are going into puberty and teen years you are more in your Ego. You are more understanding that there are more things going on around you. So you are willing to compromise so you still get your way and the other person gets their way as well.

Then in your 20s and most definitely your 30s and up your Super-Ego develops. You realize that things aren't at all about you. You have to now look after people who are naturally in their Id/Ego. Or you are dealing with people who have reverted back into their Id/Ego. Therefore you do not really matter. Your life revolves around these other people.

Therefore, your purpose is the help these people to transform into their different levels (children into Superego and parents into non-existent) Unless you see it otherwise. I would like to know what you think.

No comments: