Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why am I single?

My sister had done a couple posts on "Why am I single". I dont think I am as dedicated as she is, so these will be very sporadic. Maybe even every time I see one for her.
So, the first one she did was "I look Christian".


I have been addressed with this before as well. To be honest a few weeks ago one of the guys at work asked me if I was a Christian. I answered no, he then asked me if I was married. Again my answer was no, but then I asked why? He then said "Oh, you look and act like a Christian."

I was once again shocked that just because I am not ask loud and obnoxious as most non-christian women in Antigua are.While my sister said she was a non-practicing Pentecostal, I am more on the verge of full on Atheist. I must say that there are a few things that I cant answer as an atheist (like ghost and the power of prayer) but I must say Science and Logic has and can cancel out alot of crap that we are fed.

So I might lose some friends or people might look at me a different way but I am one of the farthest things from Christian. Shoot, the only reason I haven't acted out what runs through my mind is because of my family reputation as a M**** and my personal reputation that I would live with for the rest of my life.

So, please and thank you, stop asking and assuming that I am Christian or Married. I am just a morally adjusted person. And dont label me either cause that wont help either.

No comments: