Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Movie Scores

There is that moment where you noticed that alot of the movies in the past used movie scores to tug that heart string that they didn't get hold of with the story line and acting. 

I just watched Meet Joe Black with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt. 
Near the end of the movie I am all invested in the moment where they are looking into each other's eyes. No words are being said. The all the emotion is being portrayed. I then got side tracked with something, and when I continued watching I noticed the background musical score increasing in tempo, pulling me back into the emotion and romance of the moment.

I never noticed how much that musical score played up on your emotions. Then I thought back to alot of the movies around that time and they all had the same instances. 

I guess it would be weird if the two characters were just looking at each other and you can hear the background chatter or the extras. But I think some movies would incorporate the musical score as a band or a radio playing music in the background. But you know that in movies like Meet Joe Black the score was specifically selected to draw you into the moment. Make you feel all the feels. Make you want to be looked at that way. Make you hold your breath waiting for the kiss.
Waiting to be loved just like that. 

That moment in time I noticed that element of the movie is almost more important than the actual movie itself. 

OXXO
Mayeshah!!!


No comments: