Friday, May 22, 2020

800 posts! What's next?

So I was going through some of my past posts and noticed one that said 300th post. As I continued I saw the 550th post. I was then wondering how and what did I share with you guys and dolls for me to reach 550.

I then got curious to how many I had actually posted for the world to read (thank goodness it is just a few of you). I counted up what I have published and I reached 798 posts, which was just before I posted about Frida Kahlo. 

I now reached my 800th post between 2006 and 2020. Lots of thoughts out here into the ethos of the world wide web. Random Ish.

Now I wanted to also put a lil extra stuff out there. I have been told, don't share too much personal things about myself on the internet. But if I can share it and maybe, just maybe, have an effect on someone while people have access to the internet, that is worth everything I own and more.

Just before I turned 30, I decided to do a lil Instagram journey. 24 days of Self Love and Acceptance. I had been told that I was so brave to do that and how they appreciated me sharing my journey. But now 2 years later I noticed that I shouldn't try and force myself to love but Indeed learn to accept. Accept what is given for it  can easily be taken away. However, there is no issue with not loving what you have. 

A new friend of mine, who has been a great listener to me, asked me during one of our conversations "why do I hate yourself?" And my answer was "Alot of thing." So going forward in the next few posts I will be sharing my Instagram journey from 2017 along with the actual things I hate about myself. 

I don't do this for content, I don't do this for you as a reader, I don't do this for attention. I do this for me, to get them out my head so that I can deal with them one by one. Maybe someone will read it and see that we are alike, or (more than likely) someone will read it and judge me. Such is life.

OXXO

Mayeshah

No comments: