Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tie... a tie.

Dear Readers,

My friend has gotten me back into accessorizing and something I would love to rock more is a tie. So I have gotten curious on what is the correct way to tie a tie. So last night I looked it up and found a website that showed 4 ways to tie a tie

The four-in-hand knot

The half-Windsor knot

The Windsor knot; and

The Pratt knot

This website also has tie tips and tricks

Now I am on another website where they say there are 15 different types:

The original 4 which has multiple ways of doing the Windsor and Half Windsor.

Then there are diagrams on how to tie:

a Bow Tie

an Oriental Knot

a Kelvin Knot

a Nicky Knot

a Vicotira Knot

a St. Andrew Knot

a Plattsburgh Knot

a Cavendish Knot

a Grantchester Knot

a Hanover Knot

a Balthus Knot

Now tell me that isnt mind boggling. WOW That is alot of ways to tie one single tie.
Well for those of you who might be curious on how to tie a tie and is obsessed on tying ties I hope this helps you.

OXXO

Mayeshah!!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Yeah, I found this site that his instructions and videos for 15 different tie knots: http://www.abcneckties.com/how-to-tie-a-tie/. Not sure if that's the same as the one you found...