Sunday, April 12, 2009

Scotland trip

Dear Readers,

I am sorry for taking soo long to make a post but:

1. I went to Scotland for 5 days; and
2. I fell into a depression after leaving Scotland.

Scotland was great. The people that went to Scotland on the Don't Be A Tourist Trip were great. The tour guide was great. The whole experience was to die for. Before I went I was wondering why am I going to Scotland by myself? But then when I got on the bus I met some of the girls I met (briefly) on the Wales trip. So we 3 sat in the back of the bus (able to hold 33 people) and sitting in an order that we owned the back. Then when we started on our journey Nevil ( the guy who operates Don't Be A Tourist) did the little thing of allowing us to meet some of the people on the bus. After that we had a little riddle game and our group won the prize along with another group. During the rest of the trip there the 2 girls and I were just cracking jokes for the whole time. That is when I started the running Joke about my love for sheep. How I would love to kidnap it and take it home with me.

When we reached Edinburgh, I was in awe by the hostel we were staying in. It was great. The bathrooms sucked but that is something I am planning on looking into when setting up my property. Then we met our Tour Guide, a guy name Big Kev (who wasnt big at all) dressed in his Kilt.
He took us around the city through cemeteries, telling us ghost stories (yuck) and up to the castle. That is when EVERYONE found out my hatred of ghost. C, K (the 2 girls I was sitting with) and I went walking around the city until it was close to dinner. We all went to the meeting place and enjoyed our meals where the brave souls ate the local dish (Haggis), while I had a small portion and salmon and other persons had different foods.
Haggis:
Then a few of us followed the tour guide to a pub known as Scotland's Most Haunted Pub - Nicol Edwards. But I didnt see any ghosts because everytime I left the group I took someone with me.

The second Day, we went on our trip to the Whisky distillary and got a tour and tasting. All I can say is I will not become a full fledged Whiskey drinker. We went to see the Loch Ness Monster with many stops in between (like castles and lil towns and burial grounds), where we ended at this little town where the hotel, pub and restaurant were all in one building. The supermarket, takeaway and Pizza Joint (which was closed) was all in one building and so forth. It was a small place. So we went to the takeaway place and got dinner where we found out where the kids in the area hung out till the street lights came on. We then went back to the hostel. There was a lil fire outside and Kev decided to tell Ghost stories and I left so that I could sleep at night. I went in and enjoyed the rest of the evening watching movies. Then when I went to bed I was having nightmares and couldnt sleep so when I saw another girl get out of bed and said she couldnt sleep we went downstairs to watch a movie.

Therefore the start of Day 3, Day 3 we went to to see some more castles (they have alot) stopped to see a beautiful mountain range. The third hostel we went to was Themed Star Wars and named SkyeWalker Hostel. With pictures of Luke, Darth Vader and one of the clones. That night we listened to Kev sing a few folk songs and he taught us 2 dances. One of which only one girl actually picked up!! This night we made up a drinking game where we have to only talk by saying "Aye" and if you broke it you have to drink. This game carried on for the rest of the trip to the point where up till today people are sending "AYE"s on facebook.


Day 4 we went to see some more mountain ranges and went to the coast. Plus some other castles. Then made our way back to Edinburgh. This day I had my full bottle of Baileys which we had in the morning in our coffee's (me and San Diego) and it was done by the time we reached to the next bar that night. We went around the city on our own and everything.

The final day we had the option to walk around or walk up to Arthur's Seat and I walked around but I saw some of the pics of the walk and it was cool. We bought some more souveniers and stuff and then went to the PUB (it was around 11:30am) and we had lunch and that is when I had my first AfterShock shot. Then washed down the lunch with 3 glasses of beer. Which wasnt THAT smart when you have a 4-5 hr drive ahead. But luckily there were many stops.

Now after all of this fun and excitement how could I not get DEPRESSED!!! I miss the people, I miss the atmosphere, I miss the Country. I have not wanted to leave my room for anything since I have gotten back. But thank God I have gotten Contact numbers so I will chill with some of the people before I go back to Antigua.

Man, those days I will never forget. There is only one time that I have ever been in such a hectic and fun experience that I was sad to end it and that time I had my family and friends to go back to but here I am all alone. GREAT!! Well Happy Easter to all.

OXXO Mayeshah

No comments: