Saturday, November 6, 2010

REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER!!

I also meant to do a post on this but the day came and left and I was unable to spread my interest in this


 
Yes you got it right The 5th of November was yesterday bitches!!!

For those of you who dont know the situation with the 5th of November here is the Wiki definition

Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Bonfire Night, is an annual celebration held primarily in Great Britain, on or about the evening of 5 November. Festivities are centred on the use of fireworks and the lighting of bonfires. Some British Overseas Territories and parts of the Commonwealth continue to celebrate the occasion due to their links to the United Kingdom.
Historically, the celebrations mark the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot of 5 November 1605. The date was originally made a public holiday in England by the Observance of 5th November Act 1605, also known as the "Thanksgiving Act" which was repealed in 1859.
The thing I know most about this day is that when I was younger one of the big department stores in Antigua would sell fireworks. and when i say sell fireworks I mean ppl would be coming out with 2 or 3 bags of big and small fireworks. That department store used to say hundreds of thousands fireworks. So in Antigua this time of year would be known as "BOMB SEASON". However with everything good it had come to an end because evil minded people went about and did inappropriate things with these fireworks :(

So now I am only showing my respect to the occasion which had brought me such joy as a child :)

But I keep noticing that life isnt getting any longer and I have been asked to go to the club and skinny dipping. So when i saw this I was like hmm that is what is actually happening to my life meter everytime I turn down the option to do something fun in my life. But I never really went out that much when i was younger so I will have to take babysteps in getting into the public scenes.


OXXO

Mayeshah!!! 

No comments: