Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scarving

Dear Readers,

I am giving you a heads up now. Some of my up coming posts will be from one of my new bloggers that I follow. I love her so much now because she is Unique and I love Unique people. Her blog is called Blog Goggles. While going through her older posts I found this one and I am planning on doing some of them. I have now a longing of scarves. I feel naked without a scarf so I am trying to ween myself off them by not wearing them so much. But I will try these out now :) When I do them I will take pictures and put them up. This is her Thursday 15th January 2009 entry.

Le French 101: scarves
Dressing like a French woman 101: scarves. Rain or shine, these are non-negotiable.

There's a passage in Le Divorce (the book, not the movie) (or maybe also the movie, but I can't remember it now) about the many different ways that French women wear scarves - not just different ways of tying them, but different placements, and for different purposes. Of course I can't find it online right now, but I'll track it down and repost so this makes a bit more sense.

Anyhow, I came across these awesome how-to guides for tying scarves on the always fabulous Design Dig (from d6cn). In particular, I love this one - it's almost like a man's necktie, but a thousand times softer and more feminine.





















An alternative to my now-Waldorfian collection of headbands?





















And for the days when I'm feeling super-chic (or my neck is just looking fug).




















Now, I just need some silky, smaller scarves (as opposed to the big fuzzy ones I generally wear). Do you know of any good sites (besides, say, Hermes) where I could find some??

Hope you enjoyed it.


OXXO


Mayeshah!!

No comments: